Over the last couple of weekends I planned to do some more quilting, but ended up sewing for some of the dolls. You see when I sit down at the sewing machine, quite a few of the dolls are staring at me watching me take out my fabrics and sighing every time I pick up stuff they know are not for clothes our outfits. So I tried to appease some of them and made a few bits of clothes. Most importantly Mona, my Babette Like a Butterfly – did not even have clothes!
There is a ‘sewing room’ on the SOOM website with instructions and a free pattern or two for iMda Dolls in all sizes and I used that to make the following for Mona.
Excuse my skew sewing there, but it’s only an underdress right 😉 – it came out a bit too short because when I made the overdress, you could not see the underdress beneath it, so I had to add an additional tier to the under dress and I made the overdress as well. After adding snaps, the fit was much cuter, I also made a headband and a new pair of socks, even though they don’t really match this outfit.
I started making another dress in pale pink muslin, wanting it to be a bit sheer and thin looking like the muslin. When I had nearly completed it I realised it was a bit too tight for Mona and also for Mimi, so Kaylee was the lucky one to get this new dress.
The hem needs a bit of an iron…. I am not a fan of ironing, but I will do that for her soon. Not to be left out I attempted a teeny teeny dress for QBerry, it is not really suited to her style, but I wanted to follow a pattern for one of the tiny dresses to get a hang for sewing at that size. Will start experimenting to move toward her definitive style. This one was definitely a bit too cutesy for her!
for reference, Qberry is about 10cm tall, Kaylee about 26cm and Mona about 30cm.