I was whining about how I could not show you some of the things that I was making because the people who would receive my swap outfits had not receieved them, well everyone has everything now (other than the current swap I am participating in which is Sweet Lolita in style). So I can show you what I did. Last month (well it was kind of a 6 week swap not a month… but vaguely last month-ish) I participated in 2 swaps.
One was for making a princess dress, where the doll recipient would let you know their princess style and the other was for making clothing from recycled items. Since I have actually been doing a bit (well a couple of months ago) of op-shopping particularly for printed and striped knits since I don’t see them often sold as new I have quite a variety to choose from.
My princess recipient’s name is Claudia and she is a Petite Ai Gabriel and has slightly larger waist and chest measurements than Mimi, who was the only doll I had close to her size. I decided after seeing that Claudia liked antique traditional style doll clothing to use a pattern made for an American Girl doll for period colonial clothing and modify it with design elements I knew that Claudia likes; pin tucks, pleats, bows, insets but not too much lace.
Here are the results:
The jacket is fully lined with yarn dyed taffeta and has a peplum and large bow at the back. It has two slits in the front with little bows embellishing them. I added a smidge of pale blue cotton lace to the neckline and sleeves and stitched blue satin 5mm ribbon to the edge of the sleeves and where buttons would go. I then embroidered the button panel and a teeny bit on the sleeve edging. Underneath there is a pale blue broderie anglaise slip so that the neckline was not too bare.
As I mentioned the dolly is a bit bigger than Mimi, so the outfit is a bit loose on Miss Mimi.
Mimi didn’t have any appropriate footwear for the outfit, so please excuse the socks.