I have been doing quite a lot of doll sewing over the last few weeks.  Most of it I was not (and am still not able to show) because they are for swaps so I don’t want to put the photos up anywhere until my swap partners have received their concoctions.A bit of sewing that I can share though is four outfits I made to fit Barbie dolls. Yes, I did say Barbie.  I can’t say that I have a love for Barbie, or that I ever did.  I remember I had a few, one with super long hair and some hair twister thing you could use on your hair and on Barbie’s.  I remember Barbie ‘dating’ He-Man (who was about half her height at the time).  I wasn’t really a doll girl, so I am quite surprised by my current obsession.  Anyway enough of my Barbie remembrances, a friend from high school needed some Barbie outfits for her daughter’s birthday and I happily obliged.

I used a Simplicity pattern (I don’t have the number here, but I will add it into this post as soon as I can) for most of the outfits.

Barbie outfit Number 1

Barbie outfit Number 1

The fabric for the dress is from a blouse from TEMT and the fabric for the shrug is from a knit top. The dress has 3mm satin ribbon as straps (doubled over) and I used teeny craft buttons to embellish the front of the dress and the shrug. 

Barbie Outfit Number 2

Barbie Outfit Number 2

The little skirt here is made from a fat quarter of quliting fabric I specifically bought because I thought it would be great for a dolly outfit.  Stripes are from a knit top cut into pieces and the top is embellished with little heart buttons across the neckline. Barbie Outfit Number 3

Barbie Outfit Number 4

 I have participated in two swaps one where all the items needed to be made out of recycled items of clothing and another which was titled a Princess dress swap.  I will show you those outfits, as soon as I know that my partners have received theirs.