I didn’t get a chance to post this last week about sewing achievements, but I did actually achieve something. I think I mentioned that I had basted and pinned Mon Ami on Monday night and started the quilting. Well I didn’t finish it on Monday as anticipated I was just so tired when I got home from work, that sewing was not going to be part of my evening.
I did quite a lot of quilting on Tuesday night, but didn’t quite get to finishing it all. Wednesday night, I got it all quilted. I stitched around the stars, did a serpentine stitch on the inner background border , stitched around the peaks and valleys on the half square triangles and straight line stitched about 5/8th of an inch apart on the outer borders.
I then made some pretty pink binding using my 1inch Clover Bias maker and bound it by machine. I wasn’t up to doing it by hand and I could nearly taste the satisfaction of completing it. I attached the binding to the back first, then folded to the front and used a decorative stitch to attach to the front. I am admittedly not very good at this, but I will only get better the more I do it, so I am quite happy with it.
Some problems with my quilting.
- I still find my tension a bit strange and inconsistent at times and am not sure what to do about that
- my machine has a handy quilting guide attachment for equidistant straight line quilting, but it doesn’t attach when the walking foot is on, only the standard foot. So the straight line quilting kind of bunched a little at the end of the lines
So this is the second quilt top I got finished so far this month!
I gifted this one to my mum as well.